My Babies

My Babies
Mia (brown) and Lilly (black and white) pose for a picture

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Truly Inspiring

So since starting our review group, I have been completely blown away at how incredibly awesome these indie authors are. And for those of you wondering, an indie author is an independent author. (Don't be silly like me and think for some reason they are from India...weirdo.) They really do reach out and connect with their readers. I'm sure huge authors do the same but I can't help but think that they let their PR do all that for them. I don't think there's as much personal one-on-one. And that's saddening.

I worked on my WIP last night. I'm calling it "Controllers" right now but something tells me I'll change that later. I'm hoping to get it finished by December so I can get some betas on it and work on getting it sent to a real editor next year. It's exciting to know that I could possibly be a part of those authors in a few years. It's inspiring to see them with their books, merchandise, reviews and rankings. It make my tummy all warm thinking hey, that's gonna be me one day. And alongside that, I'll be editing other people's stuff too. It's super exciting to say the least!

Maybe one day I'll post a synopsis for my book. Not anytime soon because it's no where near ready to see the public yet but be on the lookout. It's coming!

I'll do some more writing tonight but for now I've gotta get ready for work. Luckily I have this evening off so I'll be able to slap on the keyboard some more.

Until then, live on readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment