My Babies

My Babies
Mia (brown) and Lilly (black and white) pose for a picture

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Excerpt from Controllers

She lead me to a back corner where there were dozens of floor length gowns that flowed off the hangers like water. I peaked a look at a few of the price tags and nearly had a heart attack. I’m pretty sure one dress was $5,000. I hadn’t even spent that much money on all of my work outfits combined! She saw me looking and reassured me that the “hunk of a man with the credit card” proclaimed that price did not matter. That’s when it hit me that she was clearly showing me the best of the best. “This would look absolutely stunning on you. And with your skin tone, ah. Gorgeous. Let’s go try it on?” she asked before assisting me in the dressing room. The girls that worked here clearly had no problem with seeing other girls naked. I mean, I wasn’t completely naked but I was definitely glad I had worn a strapless bra today. And very glad that my undies weren’t too revealing. They were sexy but they still left plenty to the imagination. “Don’t worry, sweetie. You look fantastic compared to some of the hogs I’ve seen trying to squeeze into this stuff. I’ll even turn around while you slip it on. I highly doubt you’ll be able to wear a bra with this puppy though.”
“Oh.” That was all I could muster up. “Well, I mean I’m definitely going to need your help putting it on.” She smiled, clearly happy at my decision to let her assist. I slowly unbuckled my bra and sat it on the chair to my left. “I promise I don’t see a thing. Here, use my shoulders to steady yourself and put one foot in at a time. Then we’ll work it up in the back. I’m positive it’ll fit but silk is tricky sometimes.” 
And tricky it was. But once it was on it was breath taking. I was caught up in how absolutely stunning I looked. Ivy would be so proud. 
The dress was solid white and only had one strap. There was a large cutout on my right side that revealed everything from the bottom of my right breast to the middle of my right hip. It was ruched in the front and had some beading around the cutout. From my thighs down it flowed like honey. It seemed to glow against my tan skin and my green eyes looked mesmerizing next to my darkening hair. I noticed it was a lot darker tonight. It almost looked black but I could still see some of my red trying its hardest to hold on. The dress was gorgeous. The girl pulled my hair to the side to reveal my neck. “It looks amazing babe. A clip in your hair to hold it back like this and some killer heels. Mmm.” She hummed. “ There’s no way he will be able to keep his hands off of you. I know just the heels too. I’ll be right back.”
As she hurried out of the dressing room I couldn’t take my eyes off of my reflection. I hadn’t ever felt this pretty, even when I was with Reed. I looked like a model or something. I was definitely going to do some damage to Braxton’s plan.
The girl came walking back in a few moments later holding some sky high heels and a dainty hair clip that complimented the dress. She pulled my hair, which I was thankful I had decided to loosely curl this morning, back into a side ponytail and clipped the black barrette right behind my left ear. She let me use her shoulders once again as she helped me put on what had to be six inch heels. I was used to walking in heels but I never dared wearing them this high at work. I walked too fast to master these babies. But I had to admit they were adorable. They were solid white with black leather accents. On the side of the top of the heel was a small bow made with black and white ribbon. They strapped around my ankle and my freshly pedicured toes peeped out of the top. Once I had them on I was as tall as the sales girl and I looked even better. “Wow, darlin’. You look stunning. I think this is the look for you.” All I could do was nod. This was definitely the look for me.
“Think I’m going to fit in at The Halo?”
“Honey, you’re gonna rule that damn Halo.”

No comments:

Post a Comment