My Babies

My Babies
Mia (brown) and Lilly (black and white) pose for a picture

Thursday, August 22, 2013

If You Remove Your Wisdom Teeth, Do You Lose Your Wisdom?

Clearly not but it's a funny question. Or maybe I just think it's funny because my pain meds are kicking in and I'm going slightly cross eyed as I type this. *shrugs*

So today I had my wisdom teeth surgically removed. In my last post, I explained that I was slightly nervous about being put under anesthesia because what if I don't wake up? I mean, obviously I woke up. Unless I'm typing this from the other side in which case it's nothing like I was hoping it would be and I'm very disappointed. Hmph.

Let me tell you how this all went down.

Step 1-Drive to dentist office with dad
Step 2-Fill out paper work and get x-ray
Step 3-Go back, talk with dentist, get an IV
Step 4-What I assume is dentist removes teeth and I wake up
Step 5-Lose all memory of waking up, getting out of the chair and walking to the front room
Step 6-Acquire hiccups and leave dentist office
Step 7-Stop at Sonic to get small strawberry shake
Step 8-Make a complete mess with shake due to not being able to feel my tongue or entire bottom jaw
Step 9-Pick up medicine
Step 10-Go home and take said medicine
Step 11-Sleep for three and a half hours

That's pretty much what happened. My dad made fun of me while I was trying to drink my shake. Not being able to drink it through the straw meant I had to actually spoon it all into my mouth. Well, since I couldn't even tell that I had a tongue or lower jaw, this proved to be quite a feat. I literally watched myself eat it in the vanity mirror of my car while my dad drove us home because I couldn't tell when it was running down my chin.

Take sip of shake.
Wipe off of chin.
Repeat.

It was awesome and when I got home I had to put a paper plate under it so that when it dripped it would land on the plate. Talk about embarrassing.

My surgery was at 930 this morning. I just got the feeling back in my lower lip at around 7 this evening. Talk about a trip feeling like your lip was attacked by a dozen hornets. Not fun.

Mom was extra nice and made all soft foods for dinner. Mashed potatoes, steamed cauliflower and cheese, peas and then hamburger cut up very small and smothered in cream of mushroom soup. I drank a small glass of milk, which I'm now regretting because I think it's mixing with my medicine in my stomach and making me slightly nauseous. I had to chew the hamburger with my front two teeth and it still hurt like hell to eat. So immediately after I rinsed with salt water and took a pain pill. Now I'm getting sleepy and will soon pass out.

Before passing out again, I did manage to fill our four applications and finish a chapter from my WIP. However, that has completely drained me and I feel like it is now time for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment