My Babies

My Babies
Mia (brown) and Lilly (black and white) pose for a picture

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Well I've Been Going Through Changes

Thought the title is not only a great song but a great title for this post.

Back in June I started a self-changing journey to start being healthier. It started out wonderfully and I got some good results. Lost seven pounds, gave up soda, started eating healthier and just felt better all around. And then I stopped. It always happens. It's the proverbial wall that everyone hits where they're just like:

Ok I'm done. I want a cheeseburger.

I can honestly say that I have stuck to the soda thing. In three months I've had three cups of soda. So I'm doing quite well there. As far as food, what can I say? I work fast food so it's just easy to eat there instead of going elsewhere. However, I'll be taking my lunch from now on and I'll definitely be getting back to my working out.

When I was on the treadmill the last time, I put on the song "Titanium" and let me tell you, I began running.
That's right, I RAN. I ran for a whole minute and a half. Which is quite amazing in you are not a runner and have never ran a day in your life. I had just been power walking before but I always felt a great burn and loved it. I love the overall feeling post workout. I just feel healthier.

Though when I run, afterwards my gums itch. Odd? Yeah, probably.

Anyways. I'll definitely be getting back to all of that stuff soon enough. I'll be starting tomorrow. Some friends, the boyfriend included, will be competing against each other to see who can lose the most weight by Christmas. A rough over all goal is 30 lbs each. Some more, some less.No matter, we're in this together. It'll be interesting to see which one flops first!

So don't be surprised to see some funny/entertaining posts about this workout competition periodically. I'll probably be keeping quite a log on my journey. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment